Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Weak Link

I read an article in Canadian Business this week by Richard Branson, the founder of the Virgin Group. It is entitled “A weak link can break the chain of good service”. The magazine is still in the stands and once it is available on line (if you can find it now, let me know) I will post it. The break down of execution/service in one of his examples was in the accounting dept. It shows the importance of everyone having the mentality of service and execution as well as supporting decisions made along the chain.
Our business is, I think, much simpler than running an airline or many of the other businesses in the Virgin Group. It still only takes one stumble in the execution of our daily tasks for there to be an effect on the customer. And often, this breakdown requires a fix that takes much more time than doing it right in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If any comments are inappropriate for my Blog, I will remove them. For example, personnel issues will not be posted for the public to see nor should they be addressed in this way. Again, choose the phone or email for some of these issues.