Friday, August 20, 2010

I Am Back

I am back from 2 months holiday feeling refreshed and reinvigorated. We all need a break. I did not think about Monk (much), did not check my work email and other than a couple of business/social trips in June did home and family and friends things.
Since I have returned to the office I have made notes on our progress or the lack thereof in certain operational areas. As COO, my responsibilities are related to all the non sales functions. Purchasing and identifying and tracking the products, storing it in our two warehouses, distributing it to our customers all over Vancouver Island and to our 10 retail stores on Vancouver Island, and accounting for it i.e. financials, receivables, payables and payroll.
Our customers expect us to deliver products to them either the same day, or overnight, or when promised. This requires discipline in our operations. We are calling it Flawless Execution.
What is flawless? All the buoys at 41 off? A no hitter? A shut out? Is it different to different people? Do what you say you will do? Do better than the other party expects? Delivery perfection? Is it park luck? The infielder makes an impossible out. The keeper saves a penalty kick?
We will be tweaking our processes and improving execution. You will be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If any comments are inappropriate for my Blog, I will remove them. For example, personnel issues will not be posted for the public to see nor should they be addressed in this way. Again, choose the phone or email for some of these issues.